CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Earl is gone!!

Good Morning:

As you all may know, I live in the Caribbean, in the beautiful island of Puerto Rico. This season is nerve-wracking for us because we're exposed to all those storms and hurricanes that come out of Africa. Yesterday, we were expecting Earl, a Category 4 hurricane that is right know passing through the north coast of the island. I left the house in the morning and at lunch time I was already back. Classes were dismissed and all the Government Agencies closed to be able to prepare just in case Earl would bring us problems such as floods. Thanks God, it's gone and everything should be going back to normal, unless Fiona, another tropical storm that is behind, gets here before we can even blink. This was enough reason to sit and create. I received my Unity August KOTM "All you need......" yesterday and guess what? I loved it!! So I did a couple of cards.
I hope you enjoy them and give you some inspiration.



For this card I used a new border punch I got from Martha Stuart and I even glued the pieces that were cut from the loops.


I layered the hearts in this card in three heights, using pop-ups.



And finally, for this one I used a few phrases of the kit to form the message and stamped it in Not quite Navy, one of the new colors from Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

  1. darling cards!
    Do hope you and your island home will weather all the storms peacefully!

    hugs, Joyce

    ReplyDelete